I was in France for week 3 of my Vitality Run Hackney Half Marathon training. It is possible to keep training while on travelling, check out some of the tips that I published last year on that topic.
Week 3 (30/3-5/4)
- Monday: Leg day with loads of squats and lunges followed by some core work: 3x 1 min plank, 30 sec side plank (each side) and 30 sec press-ups. I still cannot do a full press up, I challenge myself to manage to do at least one by my birthday in June.
- Tuesday: 25 min Yoga. Aaah, this was very welcome, I really need to keep up with the yoga to get a good stretch. Followed by 1min plan and 10 press ups (on my knees)
- Wednesday: Rest day
- Thursday: Running speed session. 1.3K warm up, 3 x 600 min sprint followed by 600 min recovery, cool down. Total of 5.1K followed by 1 min plank.
- Friday: nothing. Lets just says that I was supposed to arrive home on thursday night but only got there on friday morning due to a delayed flight.
- Saturday: Does eating all day count? Because I was at a wedding and that’s pretty much what I did.
- Sunday: I was feeling run down from the say before and couldn’t be bothered to go running so I did an abs and core workout at home.
Not too bad but could have done with the extra running session.
Any tips to get better at doing press-ups?
Don’t miss out on the The Vitality Run Hackney Half Marathon. Registration are open until midnight on the 13th of April. Sign up here www.runhackney.com