Ahhhhh, the humble quiche. Definitely one of the French dishes that I cook on a regular basis, and one that I taught Lawrence how to make. I usually prepare the classic quiche Lorraine. However Lawrence always gets creative and comes up with different variations.
Here is his latest favourite, which he cooked for us recently.
- 1 pack of puff pastry
- 4 eggs
- A little bit of milk
- 1/2 onion
- 2 leeks
- 2 carrots
- Goat cheese
- Seasoning to your preference
- Pre-warm your oven to 180°C
- Roll out your puff pastry and prick it. We sometimes slightly blind bake it first.
- In a pan, cook the onions, leek and carrot and season to taste.
- Add the vegetables to the pastry
- Add your egg mixture (also seasoned to taste)
- Add the goat cheese
- Cook for 30-40, depending on your oven
Tip: Use baking paper
It’s really easy and can be declined to many combinations, eaten hot or cold. It’s perfect to have extra for your lunch the following day.
Have you cooked a quiche before? Let me know how you get on!