I have been nominated by the lovely Jessica for a Liebster award. If you do not know Jessica’s blog, Fierce in the City, go and check it out now. She blogs about health and fitness but also about the “radical self-love” concept, which is very empowering.
Here are the rules of the Liebster Award:
- You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you.
- You must pick 10 bloggers with a small following to be nominated for the award.
- You must create 10 questions for the nominees to answer on their blog.
- Then link back to the person who nominated you…
- And then go to each new nominees’ blog and notify them of the nomination!
Let’s get started, shall we?
• What are five songs you simply MUST have on your workout playlist? •
I do not usually listen to music when training. However, during my marathon training, it became a must passed a certain distance. My five top songs were:
- Happy by Pharell Willams
- I Love You by Woodkid
- Pump it by the Black Eye Peas
- Work B**ch by Britney Spears (I know, I know, Britney Spears, but it really helped to get me moving)
- That’s not my name by The Ting Tings
• What is your favourite thing about being a blogger? •
It’s a way to connect with people. I have met some awesome girls via blogging. They share my passion for running, brunch and fitness in general. That’s also how we got back in touch! (Note: I went to high school with Jessica and have not seen her in 8 years. However, we recently reconnected thanks to blogging).
• Tell me about your favourite item of clothing! •
Black skinny jeans, you cannot go wrong with that. I love the Topshop motto ones. I actually have two pairs so there is always a clean one to wear!
• What did you want to be when you were a child? •
I have ALWAYS wanted to be a researcher/doctor and this is exactly what I am doing now. Thank you to my parents for their support and allowing me to achieve this 🙂
• Share your greatest accomplishment / your proudest moment! •
Getting my PhD was pretty amazing. Feel free to call me Dr.! Crossing the finish line of the Paris Marathon was a pretty proud moment too.
• If you could meet anyone in the world, dead or alive, who would it be & why? •
I have recently learnt about the death of Maya Angelou, which prompt me to read a bit more about her. I think that she would have a lot of wisdom to share.
• If you could only do one type of workout for the rest of your life, what would it be? •
That’s an easy one, I would choose running. I just love running 🙂
• What is the scariest / most challenging thing you’ve ever done? •
By far running the Paris marathon. I was the girl who would cheer the London marathon runners every year, thinking that I could never do it and then I ran one. I am a freaking marathoner. It’s awesome.
• What is your definition of radical self-love? •
Ha, I think I am still working on my definition of radical self-love. I think that it’s loving yourself enough to give yourself some tough love, a bit like your parents would do with you. You need to do some of the painful/annoying/not pleasant tasks in order to move forward and achieve your dreams. You need to get out of your comfort zone and realise that you will be OK. As Nelson Mandela said “A vision without action is just a dream; an action without a vision just passes time; a vision with an action changes the world.”
• What does being fierce mean to you? •
For me, being fierce is to not be apologetic for dreaming big.
And voilà, here are my answers to Jessica’s questions.
In turn, I would like to nominate 10 other amazing ladies:
My 10 questions for you ladies are:
- What is your favourite cake?
- What’s is your favourite place in London?
- Why do you like running?
- Which race was your favourite and why?
- What is your next race/challenge?
- Do you workout in the morning? If so, what do you do?
- What is your advice to fit your training, work and your social life all in one day?
- What is your favourite holiday destination?
- How do you stay motivated?
- What is the last thing that made you laugh?